One of the ways we say I love you and goodbye in the south is to tell the people we love as they leave, to “Watch for Deer”. It’s why I end all of my lives by saying it! This DIY Gift Bag Ornament is my NEW FAVORITE. Not only because it’s cute and simple, but because of the meaning it has to me.
Here is what I used.
- Deer Gift Bag from Walmart
- Wooden Half Beads from Amazon (just click the word amazon to get you to our affiliate link.
- 2 Wood Planks from Dollar Tree
- Craft Sticks
- Waverly antique Wax from Walmart
- Super Scotch Spray Adhesive (you can use modpodge instead if you want to)
- Sanding Sponge from Dollar Tree
- a Piece of Wire, and a Strip of Scrap Fabric
- Hot Glue, Glue Gun, and Raffia.
I put the 2 wooden planks together with the craft sticks, and then attached one side of the gift bag with the spray adhesive. I used the spray adhesive so that it would dry quickly and I could rough it up with my sanding sponge. If you use modpodge, make sure you give it plenty of time to dry before messing with it. I used the sanding sponge to give the entire thing a distressed aged look, and to add to it I used the waverly antique wax around the edges.
I attached the wooden half beads with hot glue. After they were all attached I used the wax and the sanding sponge to really give it the antique look I was going for. For the hanger, I wrapped a scrap piece of fabric around a small piece of wire and then glued it to the back. I finished it out with a bow, and also stained the back with the wax since I knew I would be gifting this one to someone.
That’s it y’all it was super simple, and it turned out so cute! I hope the recipient loves it as much as I do.
PIN IT FOR LATER
You can find the video tutorial on how to put this together right on our Facebook page. Make sure you take a look by clicking the button below.