Nuts and Bolts became a Christmas staple for me as a kid and I have made sure to pass it on to my children. My love of Nuts and Bolts began with my Grandma, without fail year after year my Grandma always had Nuts and Bolts ready for us when we came to visit for Christmas.
Your family will gobble this up quick so make sure you make plenty.
Here is everything you’ll need to started:
- 1 lb of Butter (4 whole sticks)
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2t teaspoons Celery Salt
- 10.5 oz Cheerios
- 6 oz Rice Chex cereal
- 6 oz Wheat Chex cereal
- 5 oz Pretzel sticks
- 1 lb of Pecans (or nuts of choice)
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- In a small pot, start by melting 1lb of butter on the stove.
- While you are waiting for your butter to melt, go ahead and start mixing all the dry ingredients together in a large pan. I like to use the extra large aluminum pans. Mix 10.5 oz of Cheerios, 6oz of Rice Chex, 6oz of Wheat Chex, 5 oz of Pretzel sticks, 1 lb of Pecans. Give them a stir.
- Once your butter has melted, add in 1/4 c. of Worcestershire Sauce, then whisk in 2 teaspoons of each, Onion powder, garlic powder, and celery salt.
- Now you are going to evenly pour the butter mixture on top of your dry cereal mix. Stir everything together really well, you want to you make sure your cereal soaks up all the butter mixture. Don not let the butter mixture settle on the bottom of your pan, as it could make your cereal soggy.
- Once everything is stirred really well, its time to set the timer for 2 hours and place the pan in the oven (225 degrees)
- Bake at 225 degrees for 2 hours, stirring your mixture every 15 minutes.
- Once done, store Nuts and Bolts in an air tight container and ENJOY!!
I hope this becomes a Christmas tradition for your family that they will look forward to year after year.
Joleine Rose says
Just made this with my 6yr old grandson. Can’t wait to sit back and munch on these while watching a christmas movie. Thank you Erin for sharing. Love you always merry christmas