How to make these simple DIY Christmas Ornaments
Turning trash into treasure has got to be hands down one of favorite things to do. With this tutorial I took wood scraps and turned them into the cutest little ornaments that’ll make great gifts for your friends and family or that last minute gift you forgot you needed 😉
Let the fun begin!
So I’m gonna do my best to list the main essentials I used for this project. But I used a lot of random things I already had, and I challenge you to do the same. Be resourceful, you may not have red paint, but I’m sure you have a red marker or you may not have green paint but you may have green glitter or even green fabric. Instead of focusing on what you don’t have for this craft, think about what you do have.
Supplies you’ll need:
- Scrap wood pieces
- Hot glue gun
- Ribbon, twine, or raffia. (Anything you have to make the hanger/loop, this will be used to hang your ornament on the tree)
- Paint brush
*Optional random stuff I used:
- Alphabet Stamps
- paint pen
- Scrapbook paper
- Jingle bells
- Dark wax/glaze
- foam sanding block
- Drill and drill bit
- Mod Podge
- Gather some scrap wood pieces.
- I used an orbital sander to smooth the edges to avoid splinters.
- Go ahead and plug in your hot glue gun, so it’s ready to go.
- Get together all your random craft items that you plan to use.
- Now, go ahead and glue on your Hanger/loop to the backside of your ornament first, it’ll make it easier to hold the ornament while your painting and attaching things to it.
- The rest of this is all up to you, get creative, put your own style on it. Include the kids, let them make a special gift for grandparents, aunts and uncles. Just have fun!
Great idea. Thanks for sharing
Lizzy and Erin says