It’s time to start decorating for Easter and I have the cutest idea for you. This is so simple and easy to create.
Who doesn’t love taking a few bucks and turning it into something beautiful?! For this project you will only need a few simple supplies, and most of them are from Dollar Tree. WooHoo!
- Silver tray from Dollar Tree, you can find this in the kitchen section.
- Mod podge and a brush to apply it.
- Twine for a hanger on the back.
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks.
- Scrapbook paper, mine is from Hobby Lobby.
- White paint, if you have chalk paint, that would be the best to use. If not just mix some ModPodge with white acrylic paint, about 50/50 mix.
- Felt bunny garland from Dollar Trees Easter section.
- Raffia, of course!
First you will want to apply about 2 coats of white paint to your tray. *Chalk paint will work best for this, but you can also mix white acrylic paint and mod podge 50/50 mix. The reason for this, is the silver tray has nothing for the paint to bind too, so if you just use regular acrylic paint, it most likely won’t adhere to the tray.
Once the paint has dried completely, measure and cut the scrapbook paper for the center of the tray. Apply a small amount of Mod Podge to the center of the tray and then adhere and smooth out the scrapbook paper.
Now you can pick one of the bunnies from the bunny garland, I chose the light pink for mine. Apply a very small dot of hot glue on the backside of the bunny and apply that in the center of your tray.
Add a small raffia bow to your bunny and oh my goodness isn’t she so cute!!
Lastly add a small piece of twine to the back of the tray with hot glue for a hanger and that’s it!
Here’s the link for the video tutorial for this project:
I just love the simplicity of this project!!
Thanks for stopping by, while your here, make sure you check out our blog for more great Easter ideas!