Isn’t this the cutest little pillow?! Would you believe me if I told you I made it out of a placemat from Dollar Tree?! This pillow cost a total of about $4 to make.
Here’s all the supplies I used and everything I did to create all this cuteness.
- Red and black plaid Placemat (Dollar Tree)
- PolyFil (I used 2 small pillows from Dollar tree)
- Tassel Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Optional- The “Jingle all the way” is a Chalk Couture Transfer and I used Chalk Couture ink, then heat set it to make it permanent.
Now here’s how I put it all together:
1. First flip over your placemat and use your scissors to cut a slit about 2-4 inches wide. You just need it big enough to fill your placemat with the polyfil. Make sure to fill your corners well.
2. Once your happy with the fullness of your pillow, it’s time to seal your placemat back up. To do this, just grab your hot glue gun and with a few dabs of hot glue close up your pillow. Be careful not to burn yourself.
3. Now let’s add these cute tassels. Measure your tassel ribbon along the edges of your pillow, and cut them to size. Then just hot glue them in place.
4. That’s it, now have the cutest little pillow! I chose to add a Chalk Couture Transfer “Jingle all the way” to mine. I just love how it turned out.
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. Be creative and have fun making this beautiful little pillow. And most importantly get comfy with your pillow while you curl up and watch all the Hallmark Christmas Movies.
Here’s a link to watch a video tutorial.
With lots love,