What would the official first week of fall be without a pumpkin craft or two!? I just can’t help it. Pumpkin Crafts are my JAM! Don’t worry before you all know it, we’ll be transitioning into Christmas and the pumpkin crafts will go on vacation until next year!
I made this perfectly primitive pumpkin out of a grapevine wreath that came from the dollar tree! The label actually said “bamboo wreath”, but it looks like a grapevine wreath to me.
Listen, I completely understand that your dollar tree might not have these! Let me just say, mine didn’t either. My Mama found it at her local dollar tree and sent it to me. Your dollar tree might not have it, but check out any of your local thrift stores because grapevine wreaths are something we find A TON OF in them.
What I used for this project.
- Grapevine or Bamboo Wreath
- 1 paint stir stick
- Fence Boards for the base. Get creative with this part, use what you have. You can use a canvas, or an old cabinet door you find at the restore. Maybe you have some old fence boards laying around like I did, or just some scrap wood. My fence boards were already white, so I just left them that way.
- Ribbon and Raffia
- Brown Apple Barrel Paint from Walmart (any paint or stain will do)
- Hot glue gun and Glue Sticks
- Some type of leaf. I used one of the burlap ones I had from the dollar tree, but you can use a leaf off of an old greenery stem if you have one.
First, paint your background piece. Mine was already white. Then glue your grapevine wreath down to your background using a high temp hot glue gun.
Next, cut your paint stir stick into several pieces. You can use an old pair of scissors to cut them.
Glue them together to make your stem.
Paint the stem with your brown paint, or stain it, and then attach it to the top of your pumpkin by gluing it directly to your board.
They do not have to be perfect, and if you don’t have any paint stir stick use a stick from the front yard or something that you do have.
It is already starting to come together!! And so easy to do too!
Now you just need to add some fun details. I used A LOT of raffia. I gathered it up in a pile and then added a few strips of buffalo check ribbon I got from jo-ann’s on sale.
I glued my very primitive/shabby bow to the top and attached the leaf. TADAHHHH!!! It turned out so dang cute!
I absolutely love how it came out. It will fit right in with my Fall Decor! Just look at how cute it looks with my Dollar Tree Gnomes! You can learn how to make those right here if you want to.
If you love it as much as we do, could you do us a little favor and…
PIN IT FOR LATER?
So what do you think? Will you be making your own grapevine wreath pumpkin? If you do, we would love to see it!