These have become a family favorite for Christmas around my house. These are easy, fun and they make the perfect little gifts for family and friends.
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- Mixing bowl
- rolling pin
- measuring cup
- cookie cutters
- wax paper or parchment paper
- cookie sheet
- straw or toothpick
Now that you have all your supplies and ingredients together.
- Preheat your oven to 250° degrees.
- Mix together the salt and flour and slowly add water and begin to stir it all together.
- Add some flour on your hands, rolling pin and the table you plan on rolling the dough on. This is an important part, as the dough will be sticky. If the dough seems too wet, just knead more flour in the mixture until it feels more like play doh.
- Form your dough in to a ball and begin rolling out the dough with your rolling pin (about 1/4″ thickness).
- Use your cookie cutters to cut out different shapes.
- Line your baking sheet with wax paper and put your cutouts on the baking sheet.
- Don’t forget to poke holes in your ornaments before they go in the oven, so you can add string later.
- Bake in the oven on 250° degrees for 2-3 hours. I flip them over half way through to make sure they bake evenly.
Once you take them out the oven let them cool on a wire baking rack.
Dress them up with some paint and glitter and they’ll be perfect ornaments that you’ll treasure forever.
I hope you enjoy. Have fun, Be creative and be prepared this craft does tend to get messy. But I promise the mess will be well worth the fun and the memories you’ll make with the kiddos.