This timeless Pom Pom Garland is still one of my favorites. This Garland is perfect because you can use it for all kinds of Holidays, celebrations and fun decor year round. Poms poms have been around forever and I dont see them going anywhere anytime soon.
Here is how I put this all together and what supplies I used.
- Yarn (Dollar Tree)
- Pom Pom Maker
- First you’ll need to get your pom pom maker setup per the instructions that come along with your kit. Once your all setup, its time to start making some pom poms.
- I start by wrapping my yarn around about 20 times, I have found that I like the size pom poms I get with that number, so im running with it.
3. Once i’m done wrapping the yarn I cut my ribbon from the skein and then tuck the leftover yarn into the middle of the wrapped yarn and slide it under to pull it tight.
4. Now for the next part you will cut 4 pieces of yarn about 6 inches long. Then you will slide those pieces of yarn underneath your wrapped yarn, as shown in the picture below. Space them out about inch to inch and a half.
5. Once you are happy with the spacing you can start tying knots one by one till you end up with 5 different sections. with 5 different sections.
7. Now all of this is gonna start turning into pom poms once we start cutting. So grab your scissors and you are going to cut into the middle of each section. And when you are all done you will end up with 4 pom poms.
8. Just fluff them out and Wah-Lah you’ve got some super cute poms poms. Now lets make some Garland. Just grab some twine or jute and attach your pom poms to the twine, I spaced mine about 2 inches apart on my twine.
I love how simple and easy this was to make. I hope you enjoy making them as much as I did. If you’d like to see a video tutorial on how I put together the pom poms, you can view that here
I hung my pom pom garland over my window shelf and couldn’t be happier with it.
Make sure your following us on Facebook so you don’t miss out on anything we do. Lizzy and Erin.