I’m sure your seeing all the beautiful Christmas Decor at just about every store you walk into. But have you seen the price tags, do they make you cringe too? I just can’t bring myself to fork out the money for some of these things I know I can make myself for a fraction of the cost. Save your money and create your own Christmas decor.
Supplies needed for this project:
- 1 Dowel
- 1 Wooden Christmas Tree cutouts (Dollar Tree)
- Red buffalo check ribbon
- Wooden base for your tree
- Drill and Drill bits
- Battery operated light set (Dollar Tree)
- Drill and Drill bits
- 2 AA Batteries
- Hot Glue gun and glue sticks
- Paint or stain for your dowel and base
Now that you have everything you need to begin let us create something beautiful!
- First you will want to go ahead and drill the holes needed in your Christmas Tree. Use your strand of lights to measure out where to drill your holes.
- Go ahead and secure your lights into place, now you’ll need to secure the battery pack to the back of your tree. Make sure when you glue it on that you leave the battery housing accessible. Also keep in mind where your dowel needs to be before you start gluing the battery pack in place.
- Now you can glue your dowel in place and secure your dowel to your base.
- Lets make this tree pretty now. Start with your burlap tree trunk, glue that in place.
- Now grab your ribbon and fold it in half and fold it over again, and cut straight down the middle. Then start cutting your ribbon into pieces. I cut my pieces about 1/2 inch each.
- This is optional, but you can start by covering the edges of your tree with ribbon first.
- Then start at the bottom of your tree and start hot gluing your pieces of ribbon not your tree. I glued the ribbon on with the wire side on the right or left, so that I could curl up my ribbon pieces. Working your way all the way up your tree.
- You can now paint or stain your dowel and base, and that’s it your done.
- Throw some batteries in and light your tree up, sit back enjoy all its beauty.
I hope you enjoyed this craft as much as we did.
You can also watch the Video Tutorial for this project too.
Interested in a Craft Kit??
You can purchase this as a craft kit and we will ship you all the main supplies needed to complete this project. https://lizzyanderindesigns.com/
With all the love,
Lizzy and Erin
Leave a Reply