If you’re anything like me, then you have a huge collection of plastic eggs, because the kids have collected them from all the Easter egg hunts over the years. No I didn’t keep every last one of them, but I have somehow collected a lot! So I needed to come up with something to do with all these eggs.
Easter is one of my favorite holidays, it says Spring is here. All the Spring pastels take me to my happy place. Its time to pull out the Easter decor and make the house “Springy”
Here’s how I repurposed my Plastic Easter eggs into beautiful Easter decor. You can watch a video tutorial here.
DIY Decopauge Eggs:
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- A couple pages out of an old book
- Plastic Easter Egss
- I started by ripping the book pages in to strips and then pieces, then i sprayed them, just enough to get them damp.
- Next I dipped my foam brush into the mod podge and started layering the strips of pieces of my book pages.
- Once you have completly covered your egg to your liking, your all done. Find a good spot to let your eggs dry for a few hours.
DIY Reindeer Moss Eggs:
- Reindeer Moss (Dollar Tree)
- Hot glue gun
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- I started by using a small dot of hot glue to seal my egg closed. it helps keep your egg together while your holding your moss in place.
- Next, cover a small area of your egg with hot glue, then carefully start adding the reindeer moss to your egg till its all covered.
I hope you enjoy this craft and have fun repurposing your plastic easter egg stash.
Make sure your following us on Facebook so you don’t miss out all the things, all the fun things we do, and the awesome things we create.