This craft came together so easily and turned out so stinking cute. The best part is, it only cost $5 to make. You can hang this adorable frame trio year round, just change out the ghosts for Christmas Trees and so on.
So here’s all the supplies I used and how I put it all together.
- Halloween beware sign from Dollar Tree
- Paint and a small paint brush
- (3) 2 x 3 frames w/ clips from the Dollar Tree
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Optional wooden ghosts from Dollar Tree
- Twine or Rope
How I put it altogether:
- I started by painting the backside of my Halloween Beware sign from Dollar Tree white. Give it time to dry completely before moving onto the next step.
- Now grab all three frames and you’ll need to pop off the kickstand on the back of your frame. That way they will lay flat on your sign.
- I used both E6000 and my High temp glue gun. Apply the E6000 first then your hot glue, then quickly apply your frame to your sign. then do the same thing for the next 2 frames one at a time. I left about a half inch in between each frame.
- To finish it off, run a new piece of twine for the hanger at the top of your sign and add a bow, just because.
- That’s it, your all done and you can change out the ghosts for each season or decorate with cute family photos.
I hope you enjoyed this cheap and easy craft as much as I did. You can also watch the live video tutorial here.
Lots of love, Erin
Charlene Schow says
I’m still looking for the frames
Ugh I’m sorry, these ones are tough to find. I haven’t been able to find anymore since this project either.
I finally found 4 frames. I wanted 6 (6 grandchildren). I thought I would put them up and switch out pictures. In the meantime I may just use seasonal items clipped in. It was such a great idea.
Ann Smith Rushing says
This is my favorite craft, but I haven’t found the frames.
This is my favorite craft idea for Fall so far! So adorable! I love that you can change the wooden pieces out, heart for Valentines day, Christmas tree etc! I’m going to the dollar store and get a bunch of supplies! Love watching you both! All of your crafts are simple, quick and beautiful when they are completed!
Penny Colley says
Lizzy and Erin says
What is the “metal” backing ?
Lizzy and Erin says
It’s the dollar tree metal frames with clips