Hey y’all! If your looking for a cheap and easy idea for gifts this year, this is a great one! I turned a Dollar Tree frame into an adorable Christmas frame, perfect for hanging pictures of the kiddos.
Here’s all the supplies I used:
- Dollar tree frame
- Scrapbook paper (Hobby Lobby)
- Ribbon or twine
- Small Paintbrush
- Mini clothespins
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks or a light duty stapler.
- Wooden beads (mine were the red ones I bought from Hobby Lobby)
- Reindeer appliqués (Hobby Lobby)
- Pom Pom ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
And here’s how I put everything together:
1. First start by taking the backer out of your frame.
2. Next grab your scrapbook paper and modpodge it straight onto your backer. Then flip it over and cut around the edges of your backer, removing the extra scrapbook paper.
3. Now you’ll need your ribbon or twine to hang across your frame. I used my hot glue gun to apply mine, but if you have a light duty staple gun, that would probably work better. I put my Pom Pom ribbon about an inch from the top of my frame.
4. Now you can secure your backer to your frame. Take a second and admire how cute your simple frame looks now.
5. Let’s dress this frame up some more. I added a couple reindeer appliqués to my mini clothespins. Now all my frame needs is a hanger, so for this I grabbed some red wooden beads and attached them to some twine. Then I hot glued the twine to my backer. Again if you have a light duty staple gun, that would work too.
I love how easy this frame came together and it’s too stinking cute. I think it’ll make the perfect gift for just about anyone. I hope you enjoyed this craft as much as I did.
Add a few cute photos and you have the perfect gift for Grandparents.
You can also watch the video tutorial for this frame right here: https://www.facebook.com/lizzyanderin/videos/540624380042220/
Lots of love,
Lizzy and Erin says
Thank you Bonnie 😊