I know, I know you are probably thinking “Did she make a typo, Christmas Crack??” Nope not a typo, its really called Christmas Crack. This sweet treat got this name for a very good reason, its sooo good you will keep coming back for more and more and more.
Did I mention how simple the ingredients for this are? Check your pantry before you head to the store, chances are you may have everything you need.
- 1 c. Butter, NOT margarine (2 sticks)
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 40-50 Saltine crackers, just depends how big your baking sheet is.
- 1 1/2 c. of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Grab a cookie sheet and line with foil and spray well with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter on the stovetop, once melted add the brown sugar and bring to a light boil, stirring constantly.
- Once your butter mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat and continue to stir for 3-4 minutes until the sugar has dissolved completely and it starts to thicken up. (this part can be tricky, so watch this part closely and keep stirring, as you don’t want to burn your mixture)
- Now that your mixture is done, you can pour it directly over the saltine crackers and use a spatula to evenly spread it out.
- Place your pan in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes, the mixture will bubbles up some.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle on the chocolate chips, they should start melting, if not just place the pan back in the oven and let the chips melt a little, then you will be able to easily spread the chocolate over the whole pan.
- Let your pan cool down a little and then you can place your pan in the refrigerator or freezer to let the chocolate harden up for about an hour.
- Now you can start “cracking” it up into bite sized pieces and ENJOY!!!
BEWARE, this stuff is addicting and be careful who you share this with, you may not be able to get rid of them lol
Enjoy!! – Erin