Why oh why?!? You can create a beautiful home for every season with next to nothing and we will show you how.
Just check out this simple Valentines sign that is cute enough to decorate with year round and it only cost $2.50 to create.
Love is in the air and it is time to transform your home into a beautiful LOVE Shack. Scrabble letters seem to be my go to when it comes to creating Valentines Decor. So why not make them the focal point for your Valentines decor.
- – 4.5 in. x 4.5 in. wooden planks from Dollar Tree
- – Mod Podge and brush
- – 12x 12 scrapbook paper, mine is from Hobby Lobby
- – Scissors
- – Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- – Wooden buttons
- – White paint
- – Printable “L-O-V-E” scrabble letters
- – Sanding sponge from Dollar Tree
- “LUCKY” sign from Dollar Tree (any of the long board signs from Dollar Tree will work)
Follow the link below for the Free Printable for this project.
Now that we have everything we need, LETS GET CRAFTY!
1. First, Start by tracing out the letters for each block and then cut them out.
2. Once all the letters are traced and cut, grab the Mod Podge and apply a very light coat right onto the wood plank. Then apply your paper and carefully smooth out any bubbles.
To remove the excess paper that may be hanging over the edge, just grab a sanding sponge and sand off the paper.
3. Now we are going to prepare out sign for the letters. First measure and cut your scrapbook paper, make sure if you are using a pattern that everyone lines up and looks cohesive.
4. Now that all your Scrabble letters are prepared and ready, line them up on your board and hot glue them in place. I left about a half inch in between each letter.
Quick Tip: Painting wooden buttons can be a challenge, so I came up with a solution that may help.
– Just grab a craft stick and add a small dab of hot glue. Then you are all ready to paint and distress your wooden buttons. Once you have painted and distressed the wooden buttons, grab your heat gun and heat up the buttons, which will reactivate the hot glue and then you will be able to scrape them right off.
5. Lastly, apply your wooden buttons to the top and bottom and a cute bow. I decided to keep this one simple and I just added a some twine to the backside for a hanger.