This year I was long over due for a new Christmas Tree Skirt. After a conversation with my Mom where she told me how she used to make her own felt tree skirts. I knew I could throw something together with the fabric and materials I had. So I thought about it for a few days and here’s what i came up with.
- 1/2 yard of burlap (or any kind of fabric you have)
- a couple rolls of ribbon and or scrap fabric pieces
- hot glue gun and extra glue sticks
- I started with 1/2 yard of burlap, I folded it in half and layed it down on the table.
- With your pen/marker draw a half circle on your burlap. Start at the top and work your way around to the bottom.
- Once your happy with the half circle, go ahead and cut that out, and set your scraps to the side.
- Now fold your cut out half circle in half, and cut out the corner cone.
- Unfold everything and lay it out and you’ll have what looks like a tree skirt.
- Pick out where you want the back of your tree skirt and cut a slit straight to the center hole. And now its nice to make this thing pretty.
- I picked out a large piece of fabric scrap and cut about 10 strips (12in.x 1in.) that I will use for the trim for my tree shirt.
- I started my trim on the slit of my tree skirt, all i did was fold the trim pieces over the edge of the burlap and hot glued it together. I did this on all the edges of my tree skirt.
- Once all the trim is completed I cut up ribbon and fabric scraps and made my patchwork trees and hot glued those on too.
I just love my new tree skirt, but what I love even more is how easy it was to do. And it cost next to nothing, because I used stuff i already had.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any questions for me feel free to comment below and ill do my best to help.